Nadavarambu, a small village located on state highway connecting Thrissur and Kodungallur is famous for its bell-metal artisans and works.
It is located 24 kms south from district headquarters of Thrissur and 14 kms from Mala.
The church with an elegant Gothic style architecture is on the highway and easily accessible.
The statues
Front View
History
The Church
The front door
The history of Nadavarambu church starts from May 1st 1883 A D when then Cochin ruler Rama Varma Thampuran gave permission to establish a chapel for a catholic community of 34 families in the place.
On 1917 May 13th the chapel was erected as a parish by Thrissur Bishop Mar Yohannan Menachery.
A new church was built in 1950s and blessed on 1958
August 14th by Thrissur Bishop Mar George Alappatt.
The parish became part of Irinjalakuda diocese later.
A new church was built as Centenary memorial and blessed by Mar Pauly Kannookadan on 2019 May 1st.